To get you all caught up to speed, here's a snapshot of our
Goodbyes to 2011:
- Completed his 3rd year of Medical School, and is more than 1/2 way through his last year. He will be graduating in June of 2012 and will soon be Dr. Nathan Larson, DPM. We are so proud of him!
- Completed 4 additional website designs this past year to continually support our family while also in school.
- Got his Ipad for his birthday, finally! Then explained to his wife why it was worth the investment (his wife is this crazy woman that doesn't like to spend money - but I don't know who that could possibly be).
- Worked as a counselor in the Elders Quorum again, serving with one of his best friends in AZ.
- Spent much of the year learning new surgeries and trying to explain to his dear wife why they are so "cool."
- Spent the rest of the year tackling his children, jumping on trampolines, camping, hiking, skiing, etc.
- Finished numerous quilts, crafts, and other silly things around the house.
- Had Baby Larson #3 in August and gave every one the scare that she might not survive due to severe hemorrhaging of the uterus. But, blood transfusions, skilled surgeons, and the Lord blessed us.
- Spent much of the year trying to teach Maejae how to potty train, but failed miserably.
- Worked as a counselor in the primary presidency again and loved every minute of it.
- Spent the entire summer of 2011 swimming to avoid massive heat exhaustion. Cause let's face it, being 6-9 months pregnant in Arizona's summer heat of 110 degrees is kinda lame without swimming.
- Turned 4 and thought the whole world changed for her. "Mommy, I can change Maejae now cause I'm 4 years old." "Mommy, I can fold my own laundry now cause I'm 4 years old." "Mommy, I can get my own milk now cause I'm 4 years old."
- Managed to turn into an even bigger diva! She plays fashion model, dresses up multiple times a day, puts on her play makeup, sometimes talks mommy into wearing real makeup, and is often seen in nothing but a swimming suit. Good thing we live in AZ!
- Can read a small assortment of words now, and is anxiously waiting to learn to read (we start reading lessons tomorrow). She wishes mommy would send her to a "real" preschool instead of teaching her herself.
- Learned to swim the entire length of the swimming pool twice without any help! She also learned to jump off the diving board!
- Managed to somehow turn 2 years old, even though mommy told her not to.
- Decided girl things are only cool when playing with sissy. Otherwise, it's all about cars, balls, jumping, jumping, and more jumping!
- Learned her colors, alphabet, shapes, and some of the alphabet sounds. But, let's Natalie teach her more than mommy.
- Demands that she will potty train when SHE decides to, and NOT when mommy says it's time.
- Moved into a big girl bed to make room for Parker, and sleeps perfectly!
- Decided to make his appearance into the world on August 4th.
- Managed to make everyone fall in love with him, and grant him his every wish.
- Spent much of his time sleeping on mommy's chest, and listening to his mommy's terrible singing!
- Learned that pulling on his sissy's hair is funny because sissy screams and laughs all at the same time.
- Started rolling, sitting, laughing, babbling, etc.
- Yet again, has managed to survive another year in the Larson house.
- Lets the kids pull on his tail, yank out his hair, tease him, run after him, etc.
- Entertains daddy by pretending to be completely absorbed in the laser light.
- Sometimes forgets to use his head, and runs straight into the wall while running full speed!
- Decided the best possible way to survive a road trip with mom is to sit down and shut-up. Otherwise it's lots of benadryl. And let's just be serious, a drugged up cat is more boring than a sleeping cat!
Goodbye 2011. We enjoyed our year, learned the value of life, and look forward to 2012. Although, it's already March, and the glimpse you've given us is less than ideal. So please start to shape up, or we'll kindly skip ahead to 2013. Thank you.