Saturday, April 24, 2010

Saturday is a special day . . .

I am so glad we have Saturdays to prepare for the Sabbath. It's not even that it's a commandment to keep the Sabbath day holy that makes me love Saturdays. It is the fact that I truly need that day of rest on Sunday, and Saturday allows me to prepare for a day of peace. You see, with Nathan gone studying so much, volunteering a lot, and the girls growing faster than I can keep up with, I truly need that day to just enjoy my family with the additional Spirit that joins us on Sunday mornings. I usually do quite well, and keep up with everything pretty easily.

But, this week has been somewhat of a rough week for me. I have been off with my schedule, I have been a little worn down, and I have been letting my housework slip (partly due to those dang Vacuum guys - ugh). But, tonight as I was cleaning the entire house with Natalie, getting ready for my Sabbath, I realized that I love Saturdays almost as much as I love Sundays! Knowing that my house is finally clean both upstairs, downstairs, and in the bathrooms has removed a huge weight that has been on my shoulders all week. I feel better . . . finally!

And, Natalie and I had a lot of fun cleaning together (although the mirror in her bathroom is only clean as far as she could reach while standing on the counter! But, she was too cute cleaning it all by herself that I didn't have the heart to even finish the top 1/2 of the mirror. She really is a good helper!)

So, here's to the special author of such a wonderful primary song . . .

"Saturday is a special day, it's the day we get ready for Sunday.
We shine our shoes, and we shop at the store so we don't have to do it till Monday."

I don't have to do anything but spend time with my family, spend time with my sweet primary kids, read, and relax . . . until Monday :)

In my rough week, it was nice to end my Saturday knowing I am blessed, and tomorrow is my day of rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment