Thursday, June 25, 2009

Nascar

My mom and her boyfriend, Mike, came to Phoenix to visit us. We had a lot of fun playing, sight-seeing, etc. One highlight of their trip was our adventure at the Nascar Race here in Phoenix. I have never been to a live race before . . . but it was a lot of fun! I don't think I will ever forget how incredibly LOUD those cars are!

This is the Nascar Stadium. There were a lot of vendors outside the stadium selling souvenirs for all the drivers. We bought a few gifts for the big Nascar fans: Mike, Jason, and Lisa!



My mom and Mike obviously enjoyed themselves! Mike is showing his greasy chicken fingers in that photo - not trying to scare me! Oh, and remember how I said those cars were loud . . . check out my mom's totally awesome ear plugs. Thank goodness she brought those cause we all used them the entire race!







We sat right in front of Pit Row and got to see all the cars coming around turn 4. We did get to see some action on Pit Row, but all the wrecks were on the other side of the track. It was kind of a bummer that we didn't get to see any but it was still a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment