Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Create

Nathan and I had the wonderful opportunity to attend an adult session of our Stake Conference in Beaverton before moving to Arizona. It was at this special conference that we got to hear from our Lord's servant, President Dieter F. Uchtdorf. I knew that that this was a man called of God to assist in the great work of bringing our souls unto Christ.

Last October I again had the opportunity to hear President Uchtdorf speak. Only this time it was to the women of the church at the General Relief Society broadcast. I cannot tell you how much this particular talk spoke directly to me. Being in a new state, not knowing anyone outside Nathan and Natalie, not having a home, and not knowing what was in store for us here in Arizona, I felt lost. I felt as though I had forgotten my role and purpose in life.

As I listened to these words, I knew the Lord was telling me that I am fulfulling my role as a wife and mother. All my life, that is what I have desired to be. I don't want to work, I don't want to have an awesome career, I don't even care about the degree sitting in a box somewhere in the garage. To me, my sole purpose on earth is to be a wife and mother - it is my dream, and always has been.

However, sometimes being a homemaker can get tiresome. I sometimes get stuck in the ruts and feel as though I am not good enough and that I am not contributing to the world. Hearing this talk has so incredibly changed my life, my outlook on being a wife and mother, and my ability to create what I feel the Lord would have me create.

I know now that all I create within my own home, and within my own children's lives is what truly matters. When days get long, the house gets a little messy, and things don't seem to go right, Nathan kindly helps me remember this special talk. It is then that I retire to a clean corner of the house, forget about my worries, and begin to create! I have loved every minute of it, have been able to somehow make things I never dreamed of making, and have felt more at peace knowing I am doing what the Lord would have me do. Added to that is the blessing that the Lord has trusted me with a special daughter, and another on the way, to help them learn to create.

I love my husband for supporting me in desiring to be nothing more than a wife and mother. I love my husband for his dedication to our family and our progression on this Earth. And above all, I love the Lord and His amazing sacrifices for my sins. Without Him - I am nothing.

" Isn't it remarkable to think that your very spirits are fashioned by an endlessly creative and eternally compassionate God"

"the more you trust and rely upon the spirit, the greater your capacity to create"

2 comments:

  1. This talk was so powerful... it touched my heart as well. Glad about this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking about this talk. I love it.

    ReplyDelete