Thursday, April 23, 2009

Our New House

We finally bought a house! I said before that I knew the Lord would bless us with the perfect house in the perfect location. Well, it never ceases to amaze me how much the Lord truly does bless our lives. We got a new realtor after having some issues with our old one, and within a month, we closed on our very first home! It is much more than I would ever have expected, but we got a killer deal and were blessed to have our realtor truly working on our side. He was able to get us so much and make the process of buying our first home a cake-walk.

Before we moved in, we got some new carpet installed and started painting. The painting is not done, but I am working as fast as I can so we can move in. Luckily, we still have our apartment for another month so I have some time. It is nerve-racking to paint on new carpet though! But, so far, so good (knock on wood). Soon, we will have some friends come and help us unload the PODS, which has been sitting at a storage facility for the past 3 months. It will be nice to see all of our stuff again, but I am not sure what we're going to do with it all. After living with nothing, you realize that you don't need very much to survive and be happy. However, I am sure we will quickly fall back into our routine of enjoying the extras in life. I know Natalie will appreciate having more toys to play with!

We will post some good pics of our house when it is all decorated and looking pretty. Till then, here's a sneak-peak!

img_3330.jpg

I started painting in the Dining Room because it was the smallest in the house!

img_3331.jpg

Part of our Living Room - Note the UGLY carpet

img_3333.jpg

Part of our Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment