Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Park with the Cousins

After spending almost a month in Oregon, Nathan was able to meet us in Idaho to hang out with his side of the family.  It’s always fun when we get to Lewiston, but this time was especially fun because we only had about 3 or 4 days to play, and every day was full of activities.  I don’t think the girls took naps while we were in Idaho, except in the car from place to place. 

While in Lewiston, we decided to go to the park and let the kids play.  They had a water fountain, and a playground.  We kind of did things backwards, and started with the water fountain, but I think it worked out just fine because the kids didn’t seem to mind going on slides and swings in wet clothes :)

  IMG_5631 IMG_5633 IMG_5637

IMG_5621

Maejae loved playing in the water.  She also loves to play with her tongue and stick it out.  I think it’s adorable!  Also, do you see her standing up from doing the splits?  Yeah, she’s probably the most flexible girl I have ever met!  She doesn’t just do the splits – she does them and keeps going.  Then she laughs, because apparently making me gasp at her flexibility is funny to her!

IMG_5657 IMG_5622 IMG_5638 

Here’s Natalie – always loving the water.  But, take a look at that last picture.  Funny story:

Natalie was running, and I told her to walk.  She asked why and I said, “because you might slip and crack your head open.”  She says, “no mommy, I won’t.”  Then she proceeds to run around in circles.  Here she is slipping (just like I told her she would), and hitting her head on the pavement.  When she came crying to me I said, “See, I told you that you would get hurt.”  She replied with, “But mommy, I didn’t crack my head open.”  Ahhhh!  That girl is too smart sometimes, and I think she enjoys proving me wrong every once in a while.

IMG_5678  IMG_5683

IMG_5668  IMG_5673  

Here are the crazy cousins playing at the park!  They sure do have a lot of fun together.  Of course, Maejae had more fun feeding her cousin than actually swinging or sliding.  But, look how happy she is.  She finally had a turn to be the bigger kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment